Retro, vintage, old school - these labels are used to sell us old-fashioned ideas as cool. On closer inspection, they turn out to be old-fashioned. But that doesn't apply at all to the hot drink we'd like to introduce to you today.
That's what you need:
- 100 ml warm milk
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 150 ml hot coffee
- 1 tbsp peppermint syrup (2 tbsp for a more intense flavour)
- 50 ml cream (whipped)
- Chocolate rasps and fresh mint for decoration
It's that simple:
- Mix the cocoa powder with the milk.
- Pour into the coffee and add the peppermint syrup. Stir well.
- Pour the cream on top.
- Using a knife, scrape a few shavings from a block of chocolate (or use ready-made shavings) and sprinkle over the cream topping. Tuck in a bunch of mint.