I'm not saying anything against your good old favorite cocktail. There are certainly moments in life when it must be gin and tonic. Or a Cuba Libre. Something solid, familiar, that is quick to make and requires no further effort.
And then there are moments when we long for a little stimulation. There is nothing wicked about that, it is one of the three basic human needs (besides security and dominance in case you were wondering). So - anyone up for a little variety at the bar? All hands up? Okay, here we go.
- 4,5 cl Tequila
- 1,5 cl Ancho Reyes Chile Liqueur
- 1,5 cl Lime juice
- 9 cl Grapefruit Soda *
- 1 Lime wedge Salt for the rim
- 1 Grapefruit slice for decoration
- Ice cubes
* also called grapefruit lemonade, is available in the beverage store or can be made from fresh fruit, mineral water and sugar.
- The cocktail looks particularly pretty in a tall, slim water glass (highball glass). Rub the rim of the glass with the lime wedge until it is slightly moist. Put some salt on a small plate and turn the glass upside down in it. You now have a salt rim.
- Fill the glass halfway with ice and add tequila, the liqueur, the lime juice and the soda. Stir well.
- Decorate the drink with a thin slice of grapefruit.
Paloma in a different way.This cocktail is a variation of the Mexican national drink Paloma. I got to know it during my stay in San Diego, California, which is very close to the Mexican border. If this was a gourmet magazine, I would write now: Sweet and spicy get into a breathtaking liaison with citrus flavours. The liqueur of hand-picked ancho chilies leaves a smoky heat in the mouth while almond and paprika notes flirt with the tequila. But it hasn't gotten that far yet. So I'll settle for a "you really should try this!“.
How to prepare the cocktail for the evening
If you want things to go fast at the cocktail party, you can also prepare the Tequil'in me softly beforehand. To do so, pour the liquid ingredients all measured into the FLSK drinking bottle. Cut the grapefruit slices and place them covered in the refrigerator. In the evening, you can focus on preparing the glasses. Shake the FLSK briefly and carefully pour the liquid (the salt rim!) into the glasses.