Did you know? A warm breakfast is the best thing you can do to your body in the morning. While you are sleeping, your body reduces many functions to make room for the immune system.
While you are in the land of dreams, your immune cells neutralize harmful substances and germs. Healing processes run at full speed. All this is hard work. After getting up, you may feel a little sluggish ... It simply takes time until the body is "rebooted".
But you can easily help your body with our chocolate-coconut-porridge! It activates the digestive tract, boosts the vital energy and gets your (home) office day going.
Why is this so urgently necessary? Because many people are working from home at the moment, there is a lack of stimulating routines such as the daily bicycle ride to the office and changing rooms. But you can also wake up your body in other ways.
Before you sit down at your desk in a semi-somnolent way, we recommend a hello wake-up triad consisting of:
- opening the windows, letting in fresh air
- gentle yoga exercises and
- warm overnight oats with tea or coffee.
One and two you can handle alone, for number three you got us. So, let's get cooking!
This is what you need for two portions:
50 g fine oat flakes
150 ml coconut milk
1 tablespoon coconut flakes
1 tbsp cocoa powder (baking cocoa)
1 tbsp. maple syrup
0,5 tbsp. almond paste
Topping of your choice: banana, pomegranate seeds, chopped nuts, cacao nibs, maple syrup
It's that simple:
- Combine oatmeal, coconut flakes and cocoa powder in the muki and mix together.
- Add coconut milk and refine with maple syrup and almond paste.
- Put lid on and shake well. Place in the refrigerator overnight.
- The next morning, stir well (so you distribute the sweetness evenly) and sprinkle with the topping.
This delicious combination of coconut and chocolate completely amazes us. However, the recipe leaves you plenty of scope for your personal taste: you can also try plant-based milk, various types of fruit and spices. Have a fabulous start to your day!