All the guides out there are constantly repeating the same saying: People who are happy with their lives practically jump out of bed at the first sound of the alarm clock, ready to enjoy the wonders of everyday life to the fullest. Uhm…sure... Is your morning experience quite different from that? To be honest: Mine is, especially in winter.
Let’s put it like this: It’s totally okay if you really don’t care about the wonders of everyday life at 7 a.m. in the morning when it’s cold and dark outside. Your blanket is keeping you warm and comfy while you blindly push the button on the alarm clock with a heartfelt: “Shut up, alarm clock!” – and life is perfect that way.
Moments like this remind me of a line in a song: Duty was calling me but I didn’t listen to it… But of course we do listen to it eventually, when duty is standing right next to our bed, complaining and nagging. So we groan and get up, ready to face the first challenge of the day: How on earth do I stay awake? We have a few suggestions for you:
- Freezing shower (ahhhhhh!)
- Keep falling asleep during the bus ride (Oh crap, we already arrived at the final stop?!)
- Morning Workout (really?)
- Or – drumroll – our amazing breakfast smoothie (yummy!)
With banana for making you feel good, oatmeal for giving you strength, cinnamon for making you feel warm, and “Hello-I’m-awake”-espresso-shots, this smoothie contains everything to get you ready and going in the morning. If you’re running out of time, you can simply carry the smoothie with you in the FLSK bottle.
- 1 ripe Banana
- 250 ml Almond milk
- 50 g Lowfat quark
- 50 g Applesauce
- 50 g Oatmeal
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1 tsp. Unsweetened cocoa
- 1 tsp. Honey or agave syrup
- Simple or double espresso depending on your taste
That's how easy it works:
1. Mash the banana, almond milk, lowfat quark, oatmeal and applesauce together
2. Add cinnamon, cocoa and agave syrup and stir everything up
3. Add espresso and fill the smoothie into the FLSK bottle